Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can family members have their own Apple ID and iCloud and still be set up in the family share?

MY question is can family members have their own Apple ID and cloud and still be set up for family sharing of iTunes?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:25 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:06 PM in response to mgentzel10

Yes, but you have to buy an Apple Music Family subscription once the 3 month trial ends if you did the trial. We have family sharing which includes all Apps, Books, Music, iTunes, etc. . The only thing not included in Family sharing is iTunes Match. I dropped that one because I rarely used it. A family subscription to Apple Music is 14.99 vs 9.99 for an individual. It works almost exactly like Amazom Music with a Prime Membership. Our only problem is we use way too much space on our phones with free downloaded music. Download favorites for offline listening while in your car or places you only have a cellular connection & keep the non-downloaded songs or albums in playlists to enjoy when you're connected to wifi.

Can family members have their own Apple ID and iCloud and still be set up in the family share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.