Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5 does not respond to touch.

My IPhone 5 has locked me out. It does not respond to touch. Lockscreen and shutdown turn on with power button. It was fully charged and put into 'Airplane' and 'Do Not Disturb' mode before this event. The command buttons work even to the extent that it will take a screenshot.

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:33 AM

I just managed to solve my own problem. I pressed and held both the Start and Command buttons expecting to demonstrate that I could still take a screen shot. The phone timed out while doing this and then went into a totally unexpected Reboot. Everything worked after that! This 'Solution' may be a total fluke since the sequence of button presses and the duration of the 'buttons down' and 'Auto shut down' coincided without any deliberate intent on my part. Best of luck to anyone with the same issue. No guarantee that it will work for you. Try it by varying the button presses/hold down time. If you get a screen shot response try continuing the hold down (I did not get the screen shot response when this worked for me).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 7:33 AM in response to Not2grey

I just managed to solve my own problem. I pressed and held both the Start and Command buttons expecting to demonstrate that I could still take a screen shot. The phone timed out while doing this and then went into a totally unexpected Reboot. Everything worked after that! This 'Solution' may be a total fluke since the sequence of button presses and the duration of the 'buttons down' and 'Auto shut down' coincided without any deliberate intent on my part. Best of luck to anyone with the same issue. No guarantee that it will work for you. Try it by varying the button presses/hold down time. If you get a screen shot response try continuing the hold down (I did not get the screen shot response when this worked for me).

IPhone 5 does not respond to touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.