Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After deleting harddisk because of several problems I was not able to reinstall OSX on the new one before the Mac shut down. Now every time when I turn it on there is only a folder with an questionnaire inside blinking. How can I get out of their ?

blinking folder after turning my mac on

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:26 AM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:40 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

i had similar problem when i wanted to reinstall Yosemite, Bcause internet recovery didn't work in my case and i don't had an USB boot installer I went out of the working OS X system. I take my macbook to my local reseller and they installed me yosemite in about 30 mins and i stupid it at home. Now Iam trying to upgrade to Capitan, but for any case I have created an Yosemite USB installer, i named my usb stick Yosemite, here is the code i used:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Yosemite/ --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app

After deleting harddisk because of several problems I was not able to reinstall OSX on the new one before the Mac shut down. Now every time when I turn it on there is only a folder with an questionnaire inside blinking. How can I get out of their ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.