Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to 9.0.2 and now I get a timer that blocks the message window. I have the same issue on three different versions of the phone. 5s, 6 and 6s. It is not the phones it HAS to be the update.

I upgraded to 9.0.2 and now I get a timer that blocks the message window. I have the same issue on three different versions of the phone. 5s, 6 and 6s. It is not the phones it HAS to be the update.

Is there a fix besides having to close the app and try again? That only lasts a few text messages then returns.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:27 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:09 AM in response to elcpu

It looks exactly like the little window that you get when you are using the voice message to another iPhone user except it is on messages to non-iPhone users. The difference is there is no X to close it.

It is sporadic so I'll have to take a screen shot next time it pops up.

Also I checked the settings an they are the factory settings. I never changed anything. It is happening on three different phones.

Oct 13, 2015 9:13 AM in response to elcpu

I am getting the same issue suddenly after an upgrade a couple weeks ago. The timer window blocks the view of the text box, so you can't see what you're typing (although you can type and text blindly). Quitting the app and reopening it fixes the issue for me, but not sure if the issue will re-appear, or why it happened. Here's what I saw, however.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.