Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my typing window in "messages" shows a timer, and that prevents me from typing. how do i remove the timer? (i'm running on ios 7) thanks!!!

my messages typing bar shows a timer (0.00), and this prevents me from typing. how do i remove the timer?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:36 AM

Are you sure you have IOS 7 ? On iPads you could add audio messages with IOS 8. The timer showed how long the message was. If I remember correctly there should be an X you can tap to clear ut.

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:36 AM in response to elise5678

I upgraded to 9.0.2 and get the same thing on both my work iphone which is a 5s and my personal phone which was a 6. I upgraded to the 6s and it is still doing it.

The only thing I found that works is to close the application (double tap the home button then swipe it up to close) and then it goes away for a few messages then comes back.

So it is doing it on at least three different iphones which tells me it is a software glitch that Apple is ignoring for now.

my typing window in "messages" shows a timer, and that prevents me from typing. how do i remove the timer? (i'm running on ios 7) thanks!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.