Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Start-up Invisible Audio Ad Help!

Hello all,

Long time Apple user first time poster! There seems to be quite an extensive resource of "been there, done that" and I'm hoping you can solve my problem/point me to the thread. I am an avid Windows user/dev/builder and I'm brushing up on my Terminal.

Before I begin, I really don't want the time wasting:

"Whats your OS? Full Specs? Updated? ******** Expensive Edition, or nah?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Whats your mother's maiden name?"

My problem is thus:

Every time I boot Safari normally, ( or Command-Q then re-launch ) I get this ANNOYING audio of some presumably cam-girl that repetitively whispers "hey! hey you! over here! hehe! shh hey! look over here! etc, etc," However there is NO pop-up or ad to close anywhere. It doesn't matter WHAT my homepage/bookmarks are.

Yes, I'm sure I or my girlfriends got a *****-virus embedded in the safari file...WHERE IS IT? There are no active extensions; I'm sure I have to dig further under the skin than that. Safari runs VERY slowly, especially at start-up until the annoying pervy-girl stops trying to get my attention.

There are NO pop-ups during the audio, there are NO items to force quit...I don't know where or how to find it to delete it like Windows! lol

Thanks guys, many cheers and thanks in advanced for any help. I don't really want a webcam-type audio playing every time someone opens safari on the house Mac.

SHSH

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4), null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:30 AM

There are no replies.

Safari Start-up Invisible Audio Ad Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.