Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Photos Cloud Library with iPhoto library on external

I currently use IPhoto on my year old MacBook Air. I have my iphoto library on an external.

i have so many computers and devices that I have put (or streamed) photos to that I must start using a central cloud based photo library To keep it all straight. Can I do this with my library on external? If not, what is easiest and safest way to get my iPhoto library on external changed to Photos library on the cloud?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:17 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Espyetta

1 - You can not use iCloud Photo Library with iPhoto - you must have Yosemite or EL Captain and Photos

2 - ICPL will work with any managed library anyplace (it must be on a volume formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) locally connected with a fast wired connection like USE, FireWire or Thunderbolt and not used as a TimeMachine backup volume) - it must de designated as the system library

3 - and note that when using ICPL it is a single library shared among all devices so all changes made on any device are made everyplace

LN

Using Photos Cloud Library with iPhoto library on external

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.