Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard text replacement phrases won't stay deleted

I have the iPhone 6s with ios 9.0.2. (I actually noticed the same problem with my iPhone 4s....) Under settings/general/keyboard/text replacement I have deleted phrases and then recreated the same shortcut with new information (e.g. email address updates). The next time I open the shortcuts, the old ones are back and the new ones are still there (so there are multiple text replacements for the same phrase)! So when I try to use them. the old values get entered. They don't stay deleted! For example, if I had entered "myemail" with a value of myoldemail@gmail.com and later on had a new account, I would delete the old "myemail" shortcut and create a new one with the same shortcut ==> "myemail" with the new value of mynewemail@gmail.com.... It all looks great until the next day (something to do with backups???) when I go back into the settings and BOTH of them are listed! I have tried numerous times to delete the old values, but they just show up again....Any suggestion????

thanks!!!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:22 AM

There are no replies.

keyboard text replacement phrases won't stay deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.