Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing a new brother laser printer. asking for network key. Where do I find it?

Intalling a brother laser printer. Require network key. Where do I find it?

Airport Extreme 802.11ac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:55 AM

The "key" is the normal wireless network password, also called a "passkey" or "passphrase".

In the highly unlikely event that the printer is asking for the "Pre-Shared Key", you can see that by......

Opening Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort Extreme picture

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Base Station menu at the uppermost top of the screen where the other File, Window, Edit, Help menus are located

Click Show Passwords

If needed, click on the image below to enlarge it.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 8:55 AM in response to edberr

The "key" is the normal wireless network password, also called a "passkey" or "passphrase".

In the highly unlikely event that the printer is asking for the "Pre-Shared Key", you can see that by......

Opening Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort Extreme picture

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Base Station menu at the uppermost top of the screen where the other File, Window, Edit, Help menus are located

Click Show Passwords

If needed, click on the image below to enlarge it.

User uploaded file

installing a new brother laser printer. asking for network key. Where do I find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.