Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iPad numbers

sorry I'm a complete newbie, i just wonder if anyone could help with this problem:User uploaded file

I'm trying to generate a multi row and column values by entering a key criteria on a field (similar to the filter function of a Mac numbers ), is it possible to do this on an iPad at all?

heres a screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:33 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 10:16 AM in response to dfg18

dfg18 wrote:

similar to the filter function of a Mac numbers ), is it possible to do this on an iPad at all?

You can set up the various filters you want in Numbers on the Mac, sync the document over to iOS and turn the filters on or off on your iPad. To do that tap the table with the filter, tap the "paintbrush", the Table tab, Table Options and then turn the Filters switch on or off.

SG

Oct 4, 2015 11:08 AM in response to dfg18

dfg18 wrote:

Is there a formula to do exactly like what's on picture on the right ?

There are ways that involve constructing index columns in your original data table. However, it is probably easier to set up filters on each of several "cloned" tables and turn those filters on and off on the iPad.

You can clone a table like this:

User uploaded file

Put this in cell A1 and copy it right and down:

=INDEX(Table 1::A,ROW())

The values in the cloned table will then update when you change the original table. You would then set a different filter on each cloned table.

SG

Help with iPad numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.