Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen turns black & unresponsive

iPhone 6 screen suddenly turns black and does not respond, the power button and volume control are also unresponsive. Apple technical support solution after running diagnostics was to restore. On iOS 9.02; 64 GB, no damage to phone. I regularly reset my network settings and power down my phone. This would be the 5th restore of my iPhone 6 and my 4th replacement at the Genius bar. I'm not thrilled to get a "new" phone- the work of restoring is it tedious and time consuming, and some, but not all of my data is always lost. I am about ready to try an an Android phone, not excited w/the idea, but I need a reliable phone that works.

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:57 AM

I have the same issue. with my 6s. From what I can gather from other articles and Apple Support it may have something to do with restoring the iPhone from an iCloud back-up.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-turns-off-by-itself-confirmed.1922 995/

1 reply

iPhone 6 screen turns black & unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.