Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

el capitan freezes 2008 mac pro

Any solutions to el capitan freezing 2008 mac pro i7 8 core? Worked with up grade for 2 days, then indexing apparently messes everything. Now restarts every minute and screen has garbage finder and app windows. Going back to Yosemite.

OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2008 Mac Pro 8 core

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:03 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Theodore Stacy

2008 mac pro i7 8 core?

There is no genuine Apple Mac Pro 42lb silver tower that uses an i7 processor -- they are all Xeon processors. There are no 8-cores except the Mac Pro 42lb silver tower Mac Pro and the dark cylinder Mac Pro.

Some users of the silver tower Mac Pro have trouble with outdated PCIe cards. A few have trouble with outdated Drivers for those cards and for other things -- be sure all the third-party Drivers and extensions you have are up to date for this version of Mac OS X.

The other possibility is that El Capitan is pushing your graphics card in new and different ways, and your graphics card is buckling under the stress. Screen artifacts are a likely indicator of graphics problems.

el capitan freezes 2008 mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.