Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading anything from apple is extremely slow

Downloading at kb/s speed only (60mb app update takes over an hour). Tried to download the new OS with an estimated time of 1d 9h!!! (will not even resume downloading anymore). Checked connection with IP and that is functioning normally (even called them and had it checked on their side as well, problem according to them is on Apple's side). Connected directly by ethernet cable to IP router. I know with the new OS released last week things would be slow, but have never had this slow of a speed before (long time apple user and have downloaded many new OS updates even on the release date without this issue). Any suggestions? Are others having this extreme of a problem?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:19 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2015 9:20 AM in response to TeslaEV

Hi TeslaEV,

Im have the exact same problem. Has it improved for you yet. I noticed a major slow down around the OS X El Cap release. 3 weeks on I am still experiencing major slow downs with anything related to downloading Apple content. Just then downloading a 9mb Pixelmator update from Mac App Store took close to 20 minutes and failed toward the end.

Any ideas what might be going wrong. My ISP is all good, downloading from anywhere else is fast and normal. Seems like only Apple stuff is affected.

Cheers

D

downloading anything from apple is extremely slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.