Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app

I lost some information in my notes app and I haven't been able to retrieve. I restored and did the backup in ICloud unsuccessfully also. Are there any other things that I can try?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:53 AM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Briseno21

Notes can store it's data either locally "on my iPhone", on iCloud, and also on other cloud email services like Gmail or Exchange. Therefore, it's possible that your notes are stored somewhere other than the accounts that are currently enabled for Notes. First, make sure that you have Notes enabled in iCloud settings. Then go to each email account settings that you use on the iPhone and make sure that Notes is toggled on for them as well.

Then, in Notes, keep touching the back arrow "<" in the upper left of the screen until you get to the list of storage locations. That window will show you how many notes you have stored in each storage location. Hopefully you will find your lost notes there on a server that you didn't expect.

Notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.