Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 plus was stolen, and i reported it as lost. I just got a notification saying it was located, and then 3 minutes after i get a message saying I no longe have access to the phone through iCloud. Isn't this supposed to be impossible?

Stolen iPhone, lost access to iCloud

iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:53 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:06 AM in response to btcompute

Yes, i logged on to find my iPhone immediately, but before it was located I got a message saying that I can no longer view information about the iPhone, and it disappeared from the list over my devices. So to me it seems like someone managed to erase it from my icloud, which I believe means that they have somehow managed to hack the system?

Oct 4, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Norwegiansheikha

Unfortunately it does sound as though someone was able to get past your pass-codes.

The other possibility is that the phone might have been destroyed, either by accident or intentionally. At least that way your data/personal info would probably be safe.

If you had personal info on your phone such as credit card/bank accounts or Social Security number, etc, it might be wise to check your accounts, and your credit reports to ensure your info hasn't been used.

If you have the IMEI, MEID, etc numbers for your phone, Apple or your cell provider might be willing/able to tell you if the phone is still in use.

good luck.

Jan 21, 2016 12:30 AM in response to Norwegiansheikha

On Tuesday 19 January 2016, whilst driving home from work, my wife was pushed off her scooter, and her handbag, containing her iphone 6 plus, and wallet etc was stolen.

Thankfully she had a few bruises and scratches only.

The phone is locked with a 4 digit passcode, it also had find my iphone activated.

After a short time of her arrival home I logged into her icloud account and activated the lost section of the stolen iphone. It only showed offline. I continuned to check for the rest of the evening, and again the next morning, every half hour or so.

Within 24 hours her phone was removed from the icloud device location - find my iphone had been disabled.

It never showed up as connecting to any network.

One of my email accounts that I set up and sent her the password for by txt message, had the password changed.

My conclusion from this is that if you iphone is stolen, it will be able to be accessed, including all you information there in.

They were able to access her contact list and phone family members, saying they were the police trying to illicit more information in relation to other person identification and identity theft.

YOUR DATA IS NOT PROTECTED, IF YOUR IPHONE IS STOLEN.

If it never connects to the wifi or phone nextwork it cannot be accessed by icloud, to have the phone disabled or erased.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2, stolen iphone infomation obtained

My iPhone 6 plus was stolen, and i reported it as lost. I just got a notification saying it was located, and then 3 minutes after i get a message saying I no longe have access to the phone through iCloud. Isn't this supposed to be impossible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.