Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft universal keyboard UK some keys mis-mapped

I have noticed that with the microsoft universal keyboard that some keys are mis-mapped.

I didn't notice this before, I suspect this is a iOS9 bug, though not sure.

The @ key on the keyboard is not working, I have to use Shift-2 to get an @. and the @ key produces a " instead.

And as well the \ | keys produce very funny key indeed. I would reproduce them here but I could not login to this site on the iPad, So I'm doing this from my PC.

The # ~ key does not work at all . The ¬ ` key is also not working properly as it produces a ~ ' instead.

I have checked the settings and both the iPad and Hardware keyboards are set to UK.

I can't seem to understand that as this did seem okay before iOS9 was put onto it.

Anyone on here have any ideas whether this is a iOS9 bug or I have a setting which is not correct.

Cheers.

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:42 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2016 6:29 AM in response to chameeya

chameeya wrote:

I didn't notice this before...

The @ key on the keyboard is not working, I have to use Shift-2 to get an @. and the @ key produces a " instead.

This is standard behavior for Apple hardware keyboard layouts with the names US, British, or US International PC. To get the behavior you want, you must be able to select a hardware layout with the name "British-PC". As far as I know, Apple has not yet ever provided that possibility with iOS (but I have not been able to check it for iOS 9 yet). To ask Apple to add this, you can go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

(The support in these forums is only from other users, not Apple employees)

microsoft universal keyboard UK some keys mis-mapped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.