Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus is detected in my iphone6. How to protect the same.

HI. I have detected via IOS security. Some virus in my phone. How to remove it?

Iphone 6

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:13 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Micra2011

Why don't you first describe what you have? Is this an email message or a Safari pop-up? If it is:

These are phishing scams. Do not click on any of the links nor call any telephone numbers.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

Beware of Browser Pop-Up Tech Support, Phishing Scams

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Report phishing email to abuse@apple.com.

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.

Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Virus is detected in my iphone6. How to protect the same.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.