Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My app store icon disappeared after updating iOS 9.01 and iOS 9.0.2.Ive done so many restarts but it doesn't worked.The other thing is I can't delete my apps after long-pressed the home button.There is no delete command on the icon.

My app store icon disappeared after updating iOS 9.01 and iOS 9.0.2.Ive done so many restarts but it doesn't worked.The other thing is I can't delete my apps after long-pressed the home button.There is no delete command on the icon.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:12 PM

The App Store app cannot be deleted, so it's still somewhere on your device. Look carefully, especially inside folders. Also check if it has been hidden via Settings > General > Restrictions.

Many of the built-in Apple apps cannot be removed. Create a folder on your last screen, move the apps into the folder and ignore them. You can also hide them by putting restrictions on them, as per above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 1:12 PM in response to iAcun

The App Store app cannot be deleted, so it's still somewhere on your device. Look carefully, especially inside folders. Also check if it has been hidden via Settings > General > Restrictions.

Many of the built-in Apple apps cannot be removed. Create a folder on your last screen, move the apps into the folder and ignore them. You can also hide them by putting restrictions on them, as per above.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.