Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer photos to and from my iPhone without iTunes, without deleting what's on my phone?

Since iTunes won't let me just offload photos from my phone, I want to be able to transfer all my photos from my old phone onto my computer, so that I can put most of them onto my new phone (when I get it). Can I do all of this using just Windows 8 or 10, and not have to deal with the annoying issue of losing stuff do to a sync? It would be nice to just offload stuff periodically, then put fresh stuff on when needed.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:26 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 11:02 AM in response to BCap01

I do it all the time - no problems at all and no iTunes involved, by far the best way to safeguard your photos... but then back them up from your computer to an external hard drive (cheap these days). Computer drives still fail these days.

Just do like Demo said or follow the article below. Simply connect your phone to your PC via cable, open Windows File Manager, on the folder view left bottom you should see iPhone, right click on it and select Import Photos, enter a name for the import and you are done....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Can I transfer photos to and from my iPhone without iTunes, without deleting what's on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.