Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes is horrible

I use the notes application all the time. Ever since Apple started syncing the notes it has been astounding how complicated they make it. I have always been an apple or Mac customer since they looked like they didn't have a fighting chance at being a contender of worthwhile computers. I love Apple and everything I have ever bought from them. Why? Because evrything is user friendly. It's sleek, visially appealing and never complicated. But when it comes to the notes application it seems as though there are a team of handicapped apes designing it. IT'S BEEN YEARS! And still it is the most complicated, and inefficient way of keeping notes. Plus the lack of simple functions like redo. I like the new features with El Capitan but not being able to sync that with your mac, your Iphone notes not showing up on your mac when syncing. I have just deleted or "pasted over" a few different important notes and cannot get them back. Seriously! Just spend aday, one day fixing the most simple problems of this app. It's amazing how a company with this much money and geniuses cannot create a simple user friendly app.

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:04 AM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2016 3:49 PM in response to BeauRaynor

Finally someone else is seeing the issue here. It's absolutely insane that I have to spend hours and hours writing/typing dates and then copy-pasting all of my notes in to another program/app. It would be nice if I could click "Download" just like almost everything else in the iCloud, or even just Export them from iTunes would get the job done. But, no. Nothing like that. If you type any notes into your iPhone/iPad Notes app; then on that device, or iCloud, are the ONLY places that you can view those notes. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I was using the Notes app every day for almost a full year, and now I will never use it again. Starting to consider other devices from different companies due to this. Notes are a huge part of my life, and I would love for them to be easily copied, transferred, downloaded, or exported. Without this simple feature this app will stay years behind any other note app available for iOS, or any device for that matter.

Notes is horrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.