Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to purchase apps on PC; music/podcasts are ok

I am unable to purchase or update any apps in the iTunes store on my PC. I can do it on my iPad Air 2 and my iPod Touch 6th Gen. When I click on an app to buy (i.e. hocus.), iTunes (on Windows 10, Dell XPS One 27), I get a flash ("accessing iTunes store") and then nothing. No down arrow in the top right corner indicating downloading. I have apps building up (now 37) needing to be updated and when I try, I get the same (flash of "accessing iTunes store and then nothing). I can update apps easily on my devices, but they are not transferred to iTunes when I sync them. The apps continue to build up in iTunes (updates tab) despite having updated them on the devices. If I delete the apps off of iTunes and then sync, there is a flash of "transferring purchases", but nothing is transferred. The apps remain unsynced.

Under updates tab, I right click on an app needing to be updated and go to the app in the iTunes store ("accessing iTunes store" and then the store opens). The app (i.e. Dropbox), indicates "update". I click on "update" and the same thing (flash "downloading dropbox", then flash "accessing iTunes store", then nothing). No download arrow in upper right corner, no downloading app.

I can update and subscribe to pocasts without a problem. I can purchase music without a problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes twice. I have signed out and signed back in to my account. I have updated my payment information. I have stopped my antivirus (Norton).

Nothing seems to work. It seems that my iTunes is having a problem with apps, but not music or podcasts.

I have contacted iTunes/Apple support and they can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Chris

Houston, TX

USA

Dell XPS One 2710-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 5:13 PM

I found the solution for my problem. It turns out that this is a permission thing. Not sure how it got out of whack, but I launched iTunes by right clicking and "run as administrator" (despite the account actually being the administrator account; i confirmed), everything worked fine. I found that it then became impossible to drag-and-drop music into iTunes. Again, I suspect that there is discordance of permissions in the different folders. I then closed iTunes and then opened it normally (not specifically "as administrator") and it all worked fine again.

This also seems promising: Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows

FYI for those who may encounter the same problem.

Cheers,

Chris

Houston, TX

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 5:13 PM in response to iGreeley

I found the solution for my problem. It turns out that this is a permission thing. Not sure how it got out of whack, but I launched iTunes by right clicking and "run as administrator" (despite the account actually being the administrator account; i confirmed), everything worked fine. I found that it then became impossible to drag-and-drop music into iTunes. Again, I suspect that there is discordance of permissions in the different folders. I then closed iTunes and then opened it normally (not specifically "as administrator") and it all worked fine again.

This also seems promising: Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows

FYI for those who may encounter the same problem.

Cheers,

Chris

Houston, TX

Oct 9, 2015 11:12 AM in response to iGreeley

Many thanks Chris - I too have had exactly the same problem as you describe, in that since upgrading to Windows 10, iTunes would not download new apps to my laptop, only to iPhone & iPad. Also, my apps requiring updates (50+ of them) wouldn't, well, update!

Have tried your suggestion and launched iTunes by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator", which I am, and it worked. Updates are now updated, and downloads will download!

Thanks again, most grateful,

Trev

Wakefield

England

unable to purchase apps on PC; music/podcasts are ok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.