Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hang after os

After the upgrade to OS/X 10.11 when I switch off my Mac I'n not able to boot the system again because it hangs after I've entered the password.

I've re-installed the OS/X twice using the recovery console but the problem remains.

Booting with -V (verbose) option I receive the following error message:

Enter com_eltima_async_Navel::start(this=<ptr>,provider=<ptr>).

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff .....

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

con.eltima.SyncMate.kext(0.2.5b15)...

What is eltima and is it possible to disable it?

How can I register the log of the verbose boot?

Many thanks for your answer.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:19 AM

I've solved the problem applying the fix as reported in the Apple Developer Forum https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/14159

Next step is to go back to 10.10 via time machine.

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 2:26 AM in response to albloc

I have the same problem on a brand new Imac (non 4k) AND a fresh install. Removing from system/library/extensions/EltimaAsync.kext solved it too for me, booting from external usb El Capitan. I avoided to reinstall that way.

Thanks for your help. I was getting mad 😕. Funny thing, on my external hard disk that imported all the data, the very same extension prevents to shut down but will start correctly. What is this Kext ?

I did not install any version of office before that because of the numerous report of trouble with that programs.

Frederic

Oct 7, 2015 2:15 AM in response to Desplats

Kext is for Kernel Extension and Eltima is a software brand that produces an application for Mac called SyncMate that synchonizes data beetween several origins. I suppose that some applications (e.g. dropbox) use the Eltima services embedded without installing the whole application. I've never used any version of office too. Now I've installed Open Office and I plan to migrate to Libre Office.

This weekend I will also try to import an old version of Eltima kext to see if it works.

Thanks.

Alberto

hang after os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.