Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDD Cable Failing--Again

A month ago I booted up my Macbook Pro. A flashing folder with a question mark came up. So I researched it and found that my HDD cable was bad.i I. I replaced it and all went well. Now today, the same problem is happening. What could cause the cable to go out within a month

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:18 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 9:30 AM in response to M_singleton23

This happened to me, I think, 5 times over the course of one year approximately every 2-3 months. First the replaced my HDD, then they kept replacing one part (bracket for front hard drive with IR/Sleep cable) for around 3 'service repairs'. The problem still came back, and the last time (beginning of September) I was fed up and asked them to do a thorough scan. They told me the logic board needed replacement as it was buggy and was breaking the other part which ultimately led to the HDD not being recognised. So if you're going to give it in to repair again, ask them to check that.

HDD Cable Failing--Again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.