Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages unresponsive since update to El Capitan

Since upgrading to the El Capitan a few days ago I have been unable to use the Pages application. I am usually (90%) of the time able to open the application, and/or previously saved documents, but it will immediately freeze up within a few minutes. Sometimes it won't even start.

I have a MacBook Pro, Retina (2013), in case that info is needed.

Any help is much appreciated!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:30 AM

Was this Pages '09 originally installed from the iWork '09 DVD installer? If true, your El Capitan install may have removed the dependent libraries that Pages '09 requires, and you would need to reinstall the Apple iWork Update 9.3 to get the iWork '09 applications working with El Capitan. Mine work fine.

If your Pages '09 was originally purchased from the OS X App Store, the dependent libraries are in the application bundle, you must not install the Apple iWork Update 9.3.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 10:30 AM in response to ang avatar

Was this Pages '09 originally installed from the iWork '09 DVD installer? If true, your El Capitan install may have removed the dependent libraries that Pages '09 requires, and you would need to reinstall the Apple iWork Update 9.3 to get the iWork '09 applications working with El Capitan. Mine work fine.

If your Pages '09 was originally purchased from the OS X App Store, the dependent libraries are in the application bundle, you must not install the Apple iWork Update 9.3.

Oct 4, 2015 11:09 AM in response to ang avatar

Simple test. Look inside the Pages '09 application bundle.

Right-click on the Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app, and choose Show Package Contents. Click through the Contents folder to its contents. If you see a Frameworks folder, then your Pages was purchased from the OS X App Store. If there is no Frameworks folder, then it was installed from the iWork '09 DVD.

Pages unresponsive since update to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.