Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install AirPort / Time Capsule Utility on El Capitan

After having a new hard drive installed in my 27" Mac I upgraded to El Capitan. I am trying to get everything back the way I had it but am unable to access my AirPort / Time Capsule. Have tried to install the AirPort Utility Ver 6.3.1 but I receive an error that the version of my OSX on the system is not supported? Does a newer version exist?

Thanks,

Tom V.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:57 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 10:19 AM in response to TomNapoli

Have tried to install the AirPort Utility Ver 6.3.1 but I receive an error that the version of my OSX on the system is not supported? Does a newer version exist?

It appears as if you may not aware that AirPort Utility is part of the Mac operating system. So, if you install a new operating system, a newer, more up to date version of AirPort Utility will automatically be installed at the same time as part of the process.

You already have the most up to date version of AirPort Utility installed on your Mac right now. Look in Finder > Applications > Utilities > to find AirPort Utility.

If you want to see which version of AirPort Utility is now installed, open AirPort Utility, click on the AirPort Utility menu in the upper left corner of the screen, then click About AirPort Utility. You will see that you have AirPort Utility 6.3.6......which is a much more up to date version than AirPort Utility 6.3.1 which you may have thought that you needed to install separately.

Can't install AirPort / Time Capsule Utility on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.