Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes transfer between iPhone / iCloud & MacBook Air

Iphone 4Si & Macbook Air (5th generation) both with latest software updates installed. My problem is that i can not get my notes (new or revised) on my laptop to sync with iCloud since last software update. I have no problems with my iPhone in this regard. Extensive trouble shooting revels the following -

WI-FI & Bluetooth connected on both devises !

When I edit an existing note or create a new one on my iPhone, the change is also made in notes on my iCloud account & is almost instantaneous but NO change occurs on laptop. Alternately, when i create or edit a note on my iCloud account, the changes register on my iPhone but not on laptop.

I have gone through my system preferences on laptop to confirm that notes is checked for iCloud. Also have sync my phone with laptop using wi-fi, blotch & USB but still no results.

And yes, the notes are all set in iCloud & not on my device.

I was once told by Apple rep. that notes sync through iTunes ? If this is the case then why did Apple even include Notes in iCloud system preferences. Makes no sense to me. If this is true, does iPhoto affect notes transfer in any way ? I currently have all photo sharing & library deactivated for iCloud (only have 16GB iPhone & takes up to much memory so I edit photos manually when I sync devices using USB).

Does time machine have anything to do with this ????? i currently do not have it configured yet.

MacBook Air, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:38 PM

You said that you have the latest updates installed and you mentioned iOS 9.0.2 for your phone but you didn't specifically mention El Capitan (OS X 10.11) on your MacBook Air. Do you have that installed? If not, that could explain the problem -- see the following:

Upgrade your notes with iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

Before you upgrade your notes - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 3:38 PM in response to bgiyyz

You said that you have the latest updates installed and you mentioned iOS 9.0.2 for your phone but you didn't specifically mention El Capitan (OS X 10.11) on your MacBook Air. Do you have that installed? If not, that could explain the problem -- see the following:

Upgrade your notes with iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

Before you upgrade your notes - Apple Support

Oct 4, 2015 3:47 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks a million ! I was not aware of last update for laptop (even though I have auto updates turned on).

Notes now sync seamlessly both ways between iPhone & Macbook Air. Not a big tech guy but take pride in resolving issues myself as part of my learning curve. Was sure I had everything set up right, just needed last piece of the puzzle so to speak. Awesome response time to my question, made my day !

Notes transfer between iPhone / iCloud & MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.