Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s freezing

iphone 6s, 64GB, ios 9.0.2

when on wifi at home, my phone completely freezes/stutters for several seconds at a time. As soon as I turn wifi off the issue goes away.

Home broadband is Virgin Media, 150mbps, full signal strength. No issues when using other devices like ipad mini or iphone 5s.

Any suggestions? Keeping wifi off not really an option

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2, 64GB

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 4:33 AM

Basics from the user guide have always been, and continue to be: restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new.

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:24 PM in response to gdgmacguy

I’m also having severe problems with this iPhone 6S, 64Gb. When I start the phone from it takes ages to move screens and launch apps. It’s frozen for up to a minute or longer. It’s constantly switching between wifi and 3G. It’s basically making it unusable. When I unlock it from the screen, it takes ages for the screens and apps to become usable. Apps need to be touched 3-4 times to launch them. It can take up to 5 minutes for the phone to become usable. The home button needs to pressed 3-4 times for it to work. Yet when I place it in Airplane mode (i.e. no connection) everything works perfectly. So, something’s wrong with the phone. I’m going to try it for another day and if this continues, would like a replacement. Thankfully, this is a work iPhone, so I'm not going to put up with this kind of crappy hardware.

Oh, and another thing. When it's charging from the mains, there's a slight hum/vibration. Very odd.

Oct 30, 2015 3:03 AM in response to Maithri

Contact Apple but in the mean time try turning off wifi assist, that may stop it roaming from your wifi to 3G. Have you updated to iOS 9.1 and have you tried a hard reset? (hole power button and home button and the same time. I found mine took about 24 hours after 9.1 and now the lag is pretty much gone and I can open apps instantly I wake the phone. If you have no luck try restoring as new, if that does not work contact Apple, they can do a remote diagnostic to heck the phone out.

Iphone 6s freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.