Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't move anything to trash — error code -43

Not more than 10, maybe 15 minutes ago, I tried to move something to the trash can from my desktop, and I got a pop-up message telling me that the operation couldn't be completed because one or more required items can't be found, then it gave me an error code of -43. I went to Disk Utility and ran First Aid on my hard drive, and it told me nothing was wrong. What do I need to do in order to regain use of my trash can?

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:17 AM

8 replies

Oct 4, 2015 12:17 PM in response to Eric Root

I had to break down and restart the computer, holding down Command + R and ran Disk Utility from there, and for some reason now it works, even though, as I said, I did it twice before doing this. I'd already read the first link you provided before I decided to ask the people here for help, and it didn't address my question, at least not as well as I would have liked it to. The other two links didn't really address my problem either, as it wasn't an issue of not being able to empty the trash, but rather, not being able to put anything there to start with.

Either way, I somehow managed to figure it out, either by sheer dumb luck or who knows what. Thank you for responding, however. 🙂

Nov 21, 2015 1:50 PM in response to therealjtray

therealjtray wrote:

***. What average user is going to be able to figure this out. Come on Apple pull yourself together.

Apple doesn't read these forums. This is a user-to-user community. I think it's rather simple to figure out myself, if you read the steps I took to rectify my problem. It doesn't require anything or any knowledge that an average user wouldn't already have.

Can't move anything to trash — error code -43

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.