Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get hotmail emails

I have set up my hotmail account on the apple e-mail app, but it seems to have a few issues. Just a few minutes ago, the mail program stopped working unexpectedly and told me to send a file report. Also, I've had problems with it not connecting and getting mails or anything. I've found this status on the hotmail IMAP: https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

That clearly indicates that there are issues, but its been like this for almost two or three weeks now. Does anyone else experience the same problems, or can I do something to get it fixed?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:04 PM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2015 12:30 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Okay, I can use that with no problems. Also, lately I have just gone to hotmail.com and signed in because my apple-mail-icon-app thing wouldn't work

When i try deleting some messages, it pops up with this message: Select Command is not permitted in current state (NotAuthenticatedServerError)

I am using map-mail.outlook.com for incoming mail. Do you have a step-by-step guide to set up a hotmail account on the mac computer that isn't old? I dont know how old my guide was, and maybe things are done differently today?

Oct 4, 2015 9:26 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi again.

I've set it up with just the information you have provided above, but it still doesn't work. It syncs some of my folders but not my inbox or sent messages. The only thing that is different is that my TLS certificate is at None. I can use one from apple, should I do that?

Its weird because my mail worked earlier today, it just wouldn't sync with new mails. Now, it won't even get any mails... Hope you can help me!

can't get hotmail emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.