Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find my voice memo's

I'm needing the voice memo's off of an older ipod. I have synced the ipod to my itunes account and they appear under the Music portion on the On My Device tab, however they don't appear under the Voice Memo's tab. The voice memo's from my iphone are there instead. I go to the C drive and go to users and select myself and then music and itunes like I've read and they don't appear there under voice memos (only the ones from my phone, not my ipod) and they aren't under the music on that drive under Unknown or unknown artists either. I am needing to email these voice memos. They are too big to email from my device. When I right click on the voice memo to see where its located it says it's just on the device.

How can I get these memos to my dropbox without having to rerecord them on DropVox? Is there anywhere else to look to see where they are saved? Or is there anyway to get them to sync under Voice Memos on itunes? And why are just the voice memos from my iphone under the voice memo section?

The iPod touch is only updated to 6.1.6, it says its up to date as far as the software goes. I don't know what else to do. I'm starting to get super agitated. Any ideas?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:12 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Kaychell

From the manual:

When you delete a synced voice memo from iTunes, it stays on the device where it was recorded, but it’s deleted from any other iPod touch or iPhone you synced. If you delete a synced voice memo on iPod touch, it’s copied back to iPod touch the next time you sync with iTunes, but you can’t sync that copy back to iTunes a second time.

Thus, try using an app like the free iFunBox or paid TouchCopy to get them from the iPod to your computer.

I can't find my voice memo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.