Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes library deleted after iTunes update?

I recently got a new computer and I managed to transfer all my itunes files from my old computer to the new one (through external hard drive). It took a while and it's been working fine for a few weeks now.

However, 2 days ago I downloaded the new itunes update and for some reason everything in my library was deleted? There were no songs and all the playlists were gone. When I tried syncing my itunes again, it only re-downloaded songs from an old itunes library. There were only some songs but no playlists at all or ringtones.

When I connected my iphone to my computer, it recognized the phone and all my current songs/playlists/tones are still found on my phone but not on itunes. I know I'll probably have to go through the hassle of transferring everything back.

I'm just wondering if this is a common bug and if some people are having the same problem?

Also is there an easier way for me to transfer everything back into itunes again?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:02 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes library deleted after iTunes update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.