Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Share to Blu Ray or DVD after El Capitan Update

I updated to El Capitan when it became available. I completed a project in FCP X 10.2.2. I have been able to share it with Apple Devices (1080p .m4v)) and to make a Master File (.mov), but have had problems when trying to share to Blu Ray or to DVD. When I try to share to Blu Ray, the process begins and then the background tasks indicator jumps to 100% (in a minute or two). Then an alert shows in the upper right of the screen that says "Share Failed -- the share operation "Blu Ray" has failed." I was able to use Send to Compressor, which ran to completion and then I burned the Blu Ray disk using Toast 11.

When I try to Share to DVD, the process runs to 66% completion, at which point it launches Create Disk, which immediately hangs and then fails. The background tasks indicator hangs at 66%. Again, I am able to Send to Compressor and complete my DVD burn as above.

Is anyone else having these problems or does anyone know how to remedy these issues? Many thanks!

Mac Pro 2008 (3,1)

8-Core Xeon 3.0 GHz

32GB

ATI Radeon 5770 HD (Apple)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:04 PM

7 replies

Unable to Share to Blu Ray or DVD after El Capitan Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.