Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s running iOS 9.0.2 airplay ATV2 issues

Hi

I have just upgraded from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6s and am overall really impressed with it.

I previously used my 5s in conjunction with my ATV2 to play movies and audio through the sound system on my TV. I also used it connected to my Parrot Mki9100 in my car to play my music whilst driving. Everything worked sweet as a nut! I did not however have the latest iOS on my 5s, I only had iOS7.

Since I upgraded to my 6s and am now running iOS 9.0.2. I no longer have the option to airplay music (through the music app) to my parrot, and when trying to play movies to the ATV2 it plays audio fine but no picture is displayed on the TV and keeps playing on my 6s. Audio plays fine to the ATV2 from the music app but gives me no option to connect to my Parrot.

I have given my 5s to my girlfriend and she has since upgraded it to iOS 9.0.2 but this device does not even see the ATV2 as a device on the network!

Im thinking its a iOS issue but im no expert.

Please help!!!!!!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:37 PM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:10 PM in response to Howsey16

I'm so amazed that no one else has this Question, then troubleshooting steps don't take in account that both my ipads work, my iphone 6 works, my 2 iphone 5s's work but my iphone 6s does not even see Air Play device, Mirroring option does not appear, and when I try to send a photo to the ATV i just get a White paper that appears and shows no devices to choose from. I see icon like a ipod and I can send Audio to the ATV but not Air Play or Mirror.

Oct 5, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Howsey16

From what I have researched if you take iPhone with IOS 8 and below you will notice that your Apple TV is just fine. The protocol that Apple wants to use for Apple TV has changed (Security they claim) this is reflected in your IOS9, so if you want your apple TV to work with IOS9 you have to update this Device.

for those users that have a Second Gen ATV that is worth $$$$ this may not be an answer for you as it will devalue the device. Buy apple TV3 and update it they are $69 or wait for the New apple TV this month for $149

This is what I have gathered from Reading other forums.

Yes Audio works fine on my IOS9 .

iPhone 6s running iOS 9.0.2 airplay ATV2 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.