Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator 2 performance

I've used Apple Configurator for years for side loading IPA files from development builds. In Apple Configurator 2, once I drag the IPA over to the device, it sits for a long to "Waiting for the device". Anyone know why this is and if there's a way to speed this up? I never had this delay in v1.

Thanks.

-Ken

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2016 6:48 AM in response to sorachiacenyc

What seemed to work for me was that when the iPad is connected and AC2 is stuck in "Waiting for the device" (and there is a spinning wheel on the iPad in the upper left of the screen): I tried holding the sleep/wake button and the home button for about 10 seconds until the device hard resets. When it comes awake and I unlock the device, Apple Configurator 2 seems to force start whatever process was waiting for the device. This has worked twice for me, however, a hard restart is required for each AC2 action, unfortunately. I think a better long term fix is to restore the device and restart the computer.

Best,

Vlad

Apple Configurator 2 performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.