Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove Purchased Playlist on iOS9.0?

iPhone 5. iOS 9.0.2.

In the iPhone on the Music app (I don't mean "Apple Music" service) 9.0 now permanently displays ALL of my iTunes Store purchases. I don't want these on my phone but I can't for the life of me figure out how to removed this playlist from the iPhone. I tried all the tricks I found that had to do with versions previous to 9.0, none work.

iPhone Settings: My iPhone is set to back up to my computer, NOT iCloud.

iPhone Settings/Music: "Apple Music" OFF. "Use Cellular Data" OFF. "Genius" OFF.

iTunes Store Account Information: I don't know what applies here.

I will greatly appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:15 PM

I feel so foolish. I figured it out. It just had to show Playlists on the iPhone then click on the ... (more options) to the right of the Purchased line, and select Delete Playlist.

1 reply

How can I remove Purchased Playlist on iOS9.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.