Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple come out with a more simple iPhone for older people say 80 plus who do not understand technology like the rest of us? I want them to have an iPhone with 4 simple buttons, Phone calls, voicemail, health, camera,

Will apple come out with an iPhone just made for people of the older generation? I have a grandpa who is 83 years old. He still works full time, and manages a company that he started himself 55 years ago from today. As of right now he uses a simple flip phone to make calls, and to help him with everyday challenges that come with running a company. The problem is those simple flip phones only work for so long, break, and you have to get a new one. With our company, our outside sales department is constantly using iPhones and iPads to help them out with their daily orders. We had an extra iPhone. We gave that iPhone to my grandpa as a replacement after his flip phone broke. He managed to use this iPhone for a month, and then decided to switch back and get a new flip phone.

Here are the problems that I noticed with the iPhone, that with the older generation

1. There are too many Icons & applications, along with different slide swiping screens that cannot be removed.

Older people (people in their 80's) have not grown up with computers. They lack an intuitive understanding for what to do next. Simple functions are better. Less is more. My grandpa kept on clicking on things that he did not want or need to use. He lacked an understanding for how to get back to the screens he needed to use.

Here are my suggestions for a new simple iPhone targeted just for older people.

1. Make icons and applications removable. Let it be an option to keep items such as stock, calendar, weather, clock, and maps. etc.

2. Make simple functions easy to use. Make a list of icons that they need. Phone Calls. Voicemail. Camera. Health. Maybe (Text).

3. Make the health application with more information. I love the fact that Apple came out with this. I believe this could help everyone.

I think the majority of businesses forget about people in their 60's 70's and 80's. and I wish more companies thought about people in this age group. My grandpa may not use a computer, or understand a lot of things with technology, but he has learned to work around it. He can use a high tech digital camera, operate his flip phone, and manage a huge company still at age 83. He's a smart man. I believe design should be more focused on all age groups not just people in their 20's to 50's. Apple is an amazing company, but I feel like these are things to be considered.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 6:04 AM

You can tell Apple at the link below.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

4 replies

Oct 5, 2015 6:47 AM in response to Chelle87bugz

With any iPhone what you could do is create a folder on the main screen of unneeded or unused apps that can't be removed. Have only the apps that they use showing on the screen. You could move the unused folder to another screen but you mentioned that you don't want them to be able to swipe to other screens. A lot will really come with your grandpa being willing to take a little bit of time on using the iPhone.

Will Apple come out with a more simple iPhone for older people say 80 plus who do not understand technology like the rest of us? I want them to have an iPhone with 4 simple buttons, Phone calls, voicemail, health, camera,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.