Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to not download all photos from icloud into my device? I mean I don't even want the optimized versions downloaded. I just want to upload all photos from my device into iCloud.

Is there a way to not download all photos from icloud into my device? I mean I don't even want the optimized versions downloaded. I just want to upload all photos from my device into iCloud.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:18 PM

8 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Well I just don't want 9000 photos on my iPhone. It makes more sense to have all your photos taken over many many years to be stored in your laptop/personal computer while your iPhone, which typically has limited capacity, stores limited photos or only photos taken on that iPhone.

I appreciate your response was meant to be snarky but please do not consider yourself smart just because the way it currently works satisfies your use case.

Oct 5, 2015 1:27 AM in response to IMDarthV

IMDarthV wrote:

I appreciate your response was meant to be snarky.

Not at all. It was intended to be brief that is all, iCloud photo library doesn't and isn't intended to work in the way that you want, a brief response is all that is needed to explain that.

There isn't much point in doing nothing at this time, even if Apple decide to change the way iCloud photo library works, it won't be anytime soon. Meantime you have the option of managing your photos manually, which you can do with a computer or if you don't have a computer with dropbox or flickr or something like that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.