Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook crashes after using 'liquify' in photoshop

Hi,

When I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC's 'liquify' option for a while, my whole MacBook crashes. Not just photoshop, my entire macbook just freezes and doesn't respond. I have to force shutdown and hope that I don't have to restart again. Just now I had to restart 4 times before it started up normally. The third time it started up, and when I viewed the photo (on which it froze) my whole screen turned pink with green lines, like this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/fxN1F.png. (Just got that pink screen once though, never before)

It only happens when using the liquify option, haven't got the issue with any other tool. Reinstalling photoshop doesn't help. When the MBP crashes, I lose all my preferences that I made and saved that session (actions for example).

At first I thought it was a problem with my HDD, seeing that I have 8GB of ram which should be enough (it has always been).

So, I replaced my HDD with a SSD (SanDisk Ultra II 480gb). But now it seems that wasn't the problem.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I really don't have the money to buy a new macbook, so I really hope this issue is fixable..

These are my MBP specs:

User uploaded file

My whole macbook has been renewed (by Apple in Miami) in januari 2014, except the HDD and the back cover.

(at least, that's what they told me. On the receipt these item numbers are shown: 333-0948 (twice), 605-2311, 605-3128 and N605-2315.

Don't know if this means anything to you guys.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 15" Mid-2010, HD display

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:39 PM

1 reply

MacBook crashes after using 'liquify' in photoshop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.