Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to remove family sharing member without an Apple device?

I had two iPads, 4th and 6th gen. I sold my 6th gen (Air 2) while the 4th gen is my daughters that she still has. I had Family Sharing set up so I could approve any app she wanted. Now, my daughters iPad still wants to "Ask" me for every app she attempts to download. However, there is no way for me to respond. I just want to dissolve the family setup. I thought Apple was smarter than this and would know I had no iPad anymore since I unregistered it from my account, but it just assumes that the Ask is somehow making it to me (via magic, perhaps?). Seems like an oversight on Apple's part, but there must be a way to resolve this.

I simply wish to dissolve the family sharing setup without having to wipe her iPad. I don't have any other iOS or Mac OSX devices, nor will I at any point.

My daughter cannot remove herself from the family sharing since she is under 13 years of age.

I have unregistered my device from my account, so Apple "knows" that I don't have any iOS devices, yet it still let's her iPad try to ask me for permission.

I assumed Apple would let me do it from iCloud.com, but not so. Maybe from the iTunes app in Windows then? I'm having issues getting that to install right now and don't have another PC with me (I'm not at home) to use iTunes on, but I'm guessing I can't do it from there anyway.

Do I seriously have to sign into her iPad to dissolve my family sh%%%%%aring setup? I'm guessing I have to backup her iPad to iTunes, then reset it to defaults and sign in so I can remove family member from the family sharing, then reset it again to defaults, have her sign in, restore from iTunes? It's like Apple wants you to suffer for getting rid of one of their devices or something, haha.

I will try iTunes once I get it to install, but I'm guessing that's a dead-end. Hoping someone out there knows of a way that won't require hours of backing up and restoring with iTunes and junk. Thanks!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:11 PM

There are no replies.

Is it possible to remove family sharing member without an Apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.