Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and favorites bar

Hi guys... I'have some trouble with Safari....

Everybody which use Safari know that when you clic over the URL bar we got this functionality (i don't know what is its name):

User uploaded file

Well, my problem is that for some reason my safari lost some configuration because when I click over my address bar this is what I have:

User uploaded file

as you can see, the area wher I have my bookmarks is to short and my Frequently Visited site are missing.

I had try to resize this area ti see more than just one line of sites from my favourites but I can't...

how can I set this area more large ?? I need to fix this because this feature is the main reason why I like so much the safari.

regards

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 1:50 PM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:56 PM in response to freddy311082

Might be a cookies or cache issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test again.

Oct 4, 2015 3:43 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

it doesn't work 😢 😢 😢

deleted the web data I think that doesn't work because safari keep my password and all configurations after do that...

I had removed the ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/ folder too, and after that, I have reset my macbook pro and the problem still remain.

The problem is not only that the area is to small, the problem is that I can't see my must visited websites too... I've a clear installation of OS X El Capitan, this problem come since last week with Yosemite, so I think that is some kind of configuration problem...

any other advise ??

regards

Oct 4, 2015 3:59 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I Think that I know what's happen...

that is my favorites the first time when I click it over the address bar:

User uploaded file

as you can see, the first time when I clic I have only 4 items because all of them are folders. I had organised my favorites into folders. So, when I clic over Mios folder, I only have onle line of favorites.

I said that because I had tried to add various favorites to the top level and I could see when I have more that 6 items, safari show it in another row, so, when I go into one folder, Safari remain the area before and show 2 rows of items, even if it must have to show one...

is that normal ?

regards

Safari and favorites bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.