Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 update 9.0.1 itunes not connecting to phone, requires newer version

Since updating my iphone to 9.0.1 my itunes on my Macbook won't connect to the phone, it says "Iphone xxxx cannot be used because it requires a newer version of itunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of itunes." But The problem: I have a late 2007 MacBook Pro an it runs with IOS 10.6.8 and won't be able to run Itunes higher then 11.4, so i'm stuck in a vicious circle of updates not available. All because of that 9.0.0 IOS iphone update that kept crashing my apps so I had to upgrade from 8.x.x. on my iphone 5. I feel like I am back in my microsoft windows days. I'm resent to be forced to update my macbook with a working system for a new one just because apple failed to make it work for older versions. I really feel like I have to lower my standert on apple, but then I can buy cheaper samsung next time and, well accept that apple isn't that ahead of the others anymore.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:35 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:20 PM in response to gbs982

I have had same issues with 2011 MBP running 10.6.8 and iTunes 11.4. Upgraded iPhone 5 from iOS 8.4.1 to 9.0.1. I posted same question earlier and no great solutions except update the operating system on MBP, then upgrade iTunes.

However, before doing those upgrades, there are additional postings of people having similar difficulties with same message "iPhone xxxx cannot be used..." even with newer versions of iTunes. Some had issues with iTunes on Windows, but other postings indicate problems with iTunes on Macs.

Sorry, can't be of any help.

Iphone 5 update 9.0.1 itunes not connecting to phone, requires newer version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.