Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing itunes6464.msi file

I can't install iTunes because an alert keeps appearing that I am missing the itunes6464.msi file (I have Windows 8.1). And I feel like I've tried just about everything.

It started when I reverted back to windows 8.1 (I had windows 10 but was fed up with the glitches I reverted back). I couldn't open my iTunes so I attempted to uninstall it. My computer wouldn't let me uninstall it so I downloaded and used Wise Program Uninstaller to get rid of the program. Then, when I attempted to re-install iTunes an alert box appeared saying that I could not install it because I was missing the itunes6464.msi file.

After searching hours on end for solutions I've done the following:

• Deleted all of the Apple software from my computer and tried installing the software - no luck.
  • Attempted to use the Windows Cleanup application (as suggested by b noir in previous threads) but the application is so old my computer won't open the file - I just get an error message.
  • Tried using 7-zip to manually find the missing the msi file and placing it on my computer to no avail.

Nothing has worked so far and its really frustrating. I have an iPhone and I would really like to upload music to it and transfer files from it.

null-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 4:15 PM

Try Missing MSI errors.

tt2

7 replies

Missing itunes6464.msi file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.