Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a plantronics M165 bluetooth and voicemail is not connecting properly since 9.02 update, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled but that did not solve the problem, can anyone help?

I have a Iphone 5S and a Plantronics M165 bluetooth, since installing the 9.02 update the connection to voicemail through the bluetooth is not functioning properly, sometimes it will connect and other times it will not. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but this did not help, my wife uses the same bluetooth and she is having the same issue, can anyone help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:24 PM

6 replies

Oct 12, 2015 7:41 AM in response to danfromwakeforest

I'm having the same problem, but with two Jabra headsets, a Stealth and a Supreme. Audio streaming works fine from all other apps, but the headsets have a hard time establishing an audio stream to voicemail. With new voicemails, they often play at a very low bitrate, akin to listening to a 78 rpm record at 33 rpm. I have replicated the problem on three different iPhone 6 units. Reset network settings, restored, etc. and no change.

Oct 12, 2015 8:15 AM in response to AmishCake

Correct, but both my Jabra headsets have the latest firmware (from March of this year). Something changed in iOS 9 to trigger the issue, and it will likely take a firmware update on the headsets or a change in the iOS to correct it, so I have contacted both Apple and Jabra. I did not know until seeing this post that some Plantronics headsets are also affected. I experimented with a Plantronics Voyager Legend and it works fine with my iPhone 6. I don't know how manufacturers work with Apple on software issues, but hopefully they are talking to each other.

Dec 15, 2015 8:13 AM in response to danfromwakeforest

danfromwakeforest, did you ever resolve your issue? I continue to have this same problem through 3 different iPhones and 3 different headsets. It is obviously following my account somehow. I got a new 6S earlier this week and experienced the problem before restoring the phone from backup, so that eliminates the possibility of third party apps being the issue. From your screen name, I'm guessing that you are in North Carolina. So am I. I have a case with Verizon that has been elevated to see if perhaps it is something on their end, as I seem to have eliminated iPhone and Jabra hardware and software from the equation.

I have a plantronics M165 bluetooth and voicemail is not connecting properly since 9.02 update, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled but that did not solve the problem, can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.