Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 3 Mac's. (Macbook, Macbook Pro and iMac) Do I need to download El Capitan 3 times?

II have downloaded El Capitan on 1 15" Macbook pro. Is the downloaded file somewhere that I can copy it to my other 2 Mac's in order to save downloading another 12 gig?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 2:47 PM

If you haven't installed it, choose Applications from the Finder's Go menu. If you have, the installer will normally have deleted itself afterwards.

(134413)

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:11 PM in response to gheshka66

Just to be clear. You can use the same Applications -> "install OS X El Capitan" installer on multiple Macs that you own or control. HOWEVER, you need to make a copy BEFORE you go past the first few installer screens, otherwise the installer is deleted when the installation is complete.

You an redownload the "Install OS X El Capitan" installer from your "Purchased" items in the App Store.

I have 3 Mac's. (Macbook, Macbook Pro and iMac) Do I need to download El Capitan 3 times?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.