Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Time Machine

I have an Airport Extreme Base Station hooked to my iMac with a USB hard drive attached acting (acted) as a Time Machine for a MacBook Pro and my iMac. I have been having a rough time trying to add a USB hub with another HD attached in order to use as backups for a Windows 10 laptops. I have tried many things to try to use the hub and have the partitions seen. Last thing I did was to remove the TM drive and then I could access the other HD partitions wirelessly. However, as I tried to add the TM back into the picture, it no longer will act or be recognized as a TM drive when attached to the USB hub (attached to the AEBS), when directly attached to the AEBS. However, I can backup to it when I connect the TM drive directly to my iMac.

When I try and attach any other drive to the AEBS, I also have no luck trying to get them to be recognized as a TM drive.

Thoughts?

Time Machine-OTHER

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:04 PM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:37 PM in response to K J

I finally restored the AEBS back to the Factory Settings. I set it back up and now I can open the TM drive from "Network" and I can select it as a TM backup from TM Setup. Interestingly, it does not see a previous backup on the drive so I told it to do a full backup. Once it started backing up, it did see the old library and just did an incremental.

Airport Extreme Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.