Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi All, Wondering if anyone knows how to "partition" a Time Capsule hard drive? FYI: I have a 1TB iMac ...but a 2TB Time Capsule, so I'd like to use the remaining Time Capsule hd space for extra media storage, Thanks

Hi All, Wondering if anyone knows how to "partition" a Time Capsule hard drive? FYI: I have a 1TB iMac ...but a 2TB Time Capsule, so I'd like to use the remaining Time Capsule hd space for extra media storage, Thanks

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:29 PM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 4:46 PM in response to Niel

Hi Niel,

Thanks so much for your quick reply !

Ok. Sounds like a better plan.

Just curious: When you mention "disk image" ... I'm wondering if that is something different than the usual Time Machine backup that I'll be using the time capsule for ? Also, you implied I could also use time capsule to back up "both drives" to it ?

Sorry if I'm not understanding / for my limited tech knowledge

Thanks again !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.