Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says 12.1.2 is current version despite 12.3 available for download

Upgraded iPhone to iOS 9 and now will not sync saying incompatible version of iTunes. I cannot get the program to update to 12.3 (Win 7 64 bit). Prefer not to install fresh and re-import everything.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:34 PM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:17 PM in response to COcanuck

Today the separate Quicktime and iTunes updater popped up saying 12.3 ready to be installed. I chose to reboot the computer first because iCloud was also on screen and frozen. Once rebooted, I cannot get the updater back on screen. iTunes still shows 12.1.2 as the current version if you "check for updates" within the program. Will wait patiently for the updater to come back...assume it runs every day or so.

Oct 7, 2015 5:06 AM in response to COcanuck

Your issue would make a lot more sense if you were running Vista or XP, since Apple officially ended support for those platforms with the release of iTunes 12.2.0 on June 30. If you were running either of those, then you would need to uninstall 12.1.2 and download 12.1.3 for iOS 9 support. But of course 12.3 is the right version for Win 7.

iTunes says 12.1.2 is current version despite 12.3 available for download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.