Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think the latest software update is messing up the Thunderbolt Display

I have owned the Thunderbolt display since it came out in 2011. I have a late 2013 MBP that has been perfect until the latest software updates. 10.10.5 just doesn't work with the monitor.... i don't know why. I can't log in as you have said. Monitor goes black and I have to reboot... I also lost the FireWire 800 port... This has to be a software issue... because that's the ony thing that changed

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:00 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2015 7:47 AM in response to noamfromnewton

I Took MBP ad Display to Genius Bar... And I was told the main logic board failed on display which includes all dock ports.....

and the thunderbolt ports were intermittently faulty on the MBP. So I left everything for service... About $500 total repair... But I find it very strange that everything worked just fine before the update. I went on tour for a month... Didn't use the Thunderbolt Display during that time... Updated.... And when I got back nothing worked...

still waiting on on the return of laptop to see if all is resolved. Will post results

Oct 23, 2015 3:01 PM in response to o1music

Similar problem but 27" thunderbolt display stopped working (no video or audio) immediately after 10/21/15 security update applied when using bootcamp to boot into windows 7. Windows 7 displays fine when using macbook pro clamshell display. Thunderbolt 27" display works fine with MacBook Pro with Retina display (Mid 2012) running OS X Yosemite (10.10.5). Any suggestions appreciated.

I think the latest software update is messing up the Thunderbolt Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.