Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.9 - Event empty after crash

So I was scrolling through a 50-minute clip that I had imported into iMovie 10.0.9 from my Canon camcorder (I was using a new iMovie Library file, empty except for this and one other clip). Unexpected quit by iMovie. No biggie, just re-launch at the prompt. However, upon reopening, my event was empty, with an "Import Media" button instead of my clip.

I did "Open Package Contents" on the Library, and happily the clip (and the other clip, which disappeared at the same time) were in Original Media.

I tried removing various files within the Library (e.g. __Sync__; CurrentVersion.imovieevent) and relaunching, on the theory that the crash corrupted a file that would be rebuilt and make my clips appear. No luck.

I was able to re-import my clips from the Original Media folder, so am happy enough, but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if so were you able to repair it. I'd hate to have this happen with an Event that contains 20 clips instead of 2, that also were incorporated into Projects. My two clips were not incorporated into Projects, so I don't know what would have happened in that case.

Mike

Message was edited by: nolamike

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 27-inch Late 2013

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:53 PM

There are no replies.

iMovie 10.0.9 - Event empty after crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.