Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV will not connect or recognize my computer

Although I have chosen 'Share my library on my local network' in Itunes, my Apple TV indicates that I need to turn on home sharing in Itunes. What is the Problem?

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:25 PM

9 replies

Oct 15, 2015 7:09 AM in response to forest813

Since upgrading my iMac to a new El Capitan OS, my iTV does not see my computer. It asks for me to turn on Home Sharing within my iTunes on my iMac, which I have done. I am trying to watch a slideshow created in Photos. I can see no way to move that slide show from Projects in Photos to iTunes, but that is a secondary issue.The primary issue is seeing my computer.

Oct 18, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Bruce Becker

I am having the same issue. However I did not upgrade to El Capitan but to Yosemite. Also the HD was replaced in the Macbook pro the Apple TV will not see. Since I have multiple mac in my home I have checked to see that -

1. Apple TV will see the library of another Imac running The same OS as the MBP (Apple TV is sharing with other macs)

2. The other macs in our home can see the MBP itunes library (The shared library is sharing to other devices)

It is only the newly upgraded MBP will not be seen by the Apple TV.

I have

• checked to be sure all devices have the latest updates

• Turned sharing on & off on both devices and restarted both devices multiple times

• Deauthorized and reauthorized the MBP

• repaired permissions on the MBP HD (just for kicks)

Still no dice. And prior to the MBP updates there was no issues.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Apple TV will not connect or recognize my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.